What personal data do we collect?
Depending on your use of our website, we may collect the following personal data:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Address including Postcode
- IP Address
How do we use the personal data we collect?
We use the personal data we collect in the following ways, depending on your use of our website:
- Communication regarding orders and enquiries of product availability, price and offer enquiries.
- Advertising on site, or using third parties based on recently purchased or viewed products on our website.
- Completion of customer surveys or feedback requests based on recent activities with our website and/or company.
- Activity on our website to enhance the development of our website using cookies, pages viewed and products purchased (IP Address).
- Interaction with third party advertising providers, resulting in visiting or purchasing through our website (IP Address).
We are legally entitled to use any personal data you provide for analytical and business requirements, while additionally using cookies on our website to enhance the user experience through analytical research.
Sharing your data with third parties
Your personal data may be shared with third parties, for analytical reasons. The data shared is not publicly available through third parties and is used for analytical purposes only. We do not sell any of the personal data we collect. This data may include:
- Email Address
- IP Address
All personal data which is shared is done so under EU GDPR laws. We take the greatest care to ensure any personal data we collect is protected and is not sold to third parties for marketing purposes.
Your personal data rights
Under EU GDPR regulations, you have the right to request the removal and deletion of any personal data we may have collected regarding yourself, as well as the right to request information on the personal data of yourself within our business.
EU GDPR regulations provide you with the rights to:
- Obtain details of the personal data collected by Harbro Electrical Wholesale Ltd, to receive a copy of this personal data, or to request the deletion of collected personal data of yourself.
- Obtain or rectify any inaccurate personal data collected by Harbro Electrical Wholesale Ltd.
- Object to, or to restrict, the collection of your personal data by Harbro Electrical Wholesale Ltd.
- Object to the processing of your personal data by Harbro Electrical Wholesale Ltd, or any third parties.
- Request the deletion of any, or all, or your personal data which has been collected by Harbro Electrical Wholesale Ltd.
Storage and Security of your personal data
Unless stated when proving your personal details, we will erase your personal data if no longer required. Your personal data is stored behind a password protected security measure, and may be required for record of purchase, marketing reasons, contacting you about orders placed or for feedback or for advertising and analytical reasons, as well as compliance with laws and regulations regarding tax and commercial laws.
We take the security of your personal data seriously, with restrictions in place to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data, with measures in place to prevent the unauthorised sale of your personal data to third parties, or to prevent data leaks or losses.
Our website uses SSL encryption, to ensure it is a safe environment to enter your personal details, with precautions against the loss or theft of your personal data.
Third party websites
We suggest reading the documentation in place on all third party websites to ensure your personal data is not used in any unauthorised ways. Harbro Electrical Wholesale Ltd can not be held responsible for the loss of personal data on any third party websites not within our control, or the content which can be viewed on any third party websites.
PayPal personal data protection
When placing an order or completing a purchase on our website, you may be taken to website of PayPal to complete your payment. We recommend viewing the privacy protection documentation on the PayPal website to ensure your data is not lost or stolen, which can be found in the footer of the PayPal website.
While we aim to ensure your experience with our website is as secure as possible, we highly recommend that you sign out of all accounts including third party websites, such as PayPal when using a shared device, to ensure your personal data is not accessed by any unauthorised persons.